During the Year 9 Options Process students will be able to choose from the following Business Studies related courses as part of their KS4 studies:
- GCSE Business Studies
- Enterprise and Marketing
GCSE Business is a qualification that is engaging and inspiring, and which reflects the demands of a truly modern and evolving business environment – a qualification that enables students to develop as commercially minded and enterprising individuals and helps them to succeed in their chosen pathway.
The aims and objectives of this qualification are to enable students to:
- Know and understand business concepts, business terminology, business objectives, the Integrated nature of business activity and the impact of business on individuals and wider Society
- Apply knowledge and understanding to contemporary business issues and to different types and sizes of businesses in local, national and global contexts
- Develop as enterprising individuals with the ability to think commercially and creatively to demonstrate business acumen, and draw on
- evidence to make informed business decisions and solve business problems
- Develop as effective and independent students, and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- Use an enquiring, critical approach to make informed judgements
- Investigate and analyse real business opportunities and issues to construct well-argued, well-evidenced, balanced and structured arguments, demonstrating their depth and breadth of understanding of business
- Develop and apply quantitative skills relevant to business, including using and interpreting data.
Students consider the practical application of business concepts and have opportunities to explore theories and concepts in the most relevant way, through the context of events in the business and economic world.
The knowledge and skills gained from this specification will provide students with a firm foundation for further study. The course is divided into 6 units, giving students a firm grounding in Business theory which will enable them to progress to post 16 qualification should they wish.
The 6 units are:
- Business Activity
- Influences on business
- Business operations
- Human resources
Enterprise and Marketing