Remote Learning at Pittville School
At some point over the course of this year, our students may need to self-isolate at home due to Covid-19.
This could happen in three possible ways:
- In the event of a national lockdown and school closes.
- We may need to ask a larger year group of students to self-isolate.
- You, or someone in your family, develop symptoms. In this case, you will be forced to self-isolate.
We will ensure appropriate remote learning is available for all scenarios. Should you require physical hard copies of remote learning please email your child's Head of House.
Our overarching principles for remote learning:
- Curricular alignment: remote plans follow precisely the same sequence as face-to-face enactment of the curriculum.
- High-quality resources that mirror those used in face-to-face teaching where applicable and appropriate, are easily accessible and break learning down into small steps (Some subjects may still set longer-term project type tasks where appropriate). This includes the use of videos and nationally produced resources such as the Oak Academy resources.
- Feedback and assessment of learning should remain regular, in line with normal curriculum expectations where possible.
From September 2021 our main platform for remote learning at Pittville School is TEAMS via Office 365. All homework will be set on TEAMs and we will move away from Show My Homework by the end of 2021. Year 7 students can only access their homework via TEAMS. For Years 8-11 we will continue to put links onto Show My Homework until the end of the year to give students time to get used to the new platform.
In the event of a partial or total shutdown, students will be able to access all their online learning via TEAMS. This includes:
- Classwork including independent learning tasks, video lessons, research, worksheets or links posted to live lessons through TEAMS.
- Homework assignments or quizzes to be completed or uploaded for marking.
- Notifications of tests with associated revision materials.
- Other flexible tasks such as flipped learning tasks, careers information, links to assemblies or pastoral sessions through TEAMS.
All students have access to Microsoft Office 365 at home which gives them access to TEAMS (for homework and other learning resources), OneDrive (to access their files) and Outlook (for emails). We recommend students check TEAMS and their email regularly for homework, but also for notices and other resources. The Office 365 APP and TEAMS APP can also be downloaded onto tablets and smartphones for free for those students who are used to checking their homework on their phones. Please refer to our ‘How to Guides’ below for support with using these packages.
Designated Senior Leader responsible for remote provision:
Mr David Eagleton (Deputy Headteacher) email@example.com
Access Live Lessons - Parents Version
Accessing Office 365 from home
SMHW Support for Parents during COVID
Using One Drive at Home